Dear Smiles4OC family,
This means we will be seeing patients for hygiene visits and all restorative care once again! Below is a comprehensive list of the new measures we have been working on to ensure your safe return to the dental office. If you would like to get in for a dental appointment or have any outstanding dental treatment, please give us a call at the office (714) 557-0700 and we will get you scheduled.
As your dental health professionals at Smiles4OC, your health and well-being are our highest priority. As the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), statewide leaders and local and state health officials continue to monitor the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to assure you of the precautions we take to prevent the spread of infectious diseases every day in our office. We will continue to educate and train our team regarding COVID-19 and have enhanced some of our office protocols to ensure the highest level of health and safety. As part of our normal daily operations, we continue to observe the highest safeguards against the spread of all infectious diseases.
WE HAVE ALWAYS ABIDED THE FOLLOWING STANDARDS TO ENSURE THAT AT ALL TIMES OUR DENTAL OFFICE IS ONE OF THE SAFEST PLACES TO BE:
- Before you enter the examining room, all surfaces, including the dental chair, dental light, drawer handles and countertops, have been cleaned and disinfected thoroughly with medical grade disinfectants that kill 99.9% of all harmful bacteria and viruses, including Corona virus.
- All dental instruments are cleaned and sterilized between patients using hospital grade sterilization equipment. Our sterilization equipment is monitored and tested on a regular basis.
- Disposable dental instruments and needles are always disposed of and never reused.
- Every team member wears protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns and eyewear when needed. After each patient, disposable gloves and masks are thrown away. Before seeing the next patient, everyone on the treatment team disinfects their hands and puts on a new pair of gloves and mask. This is called PPE or “Personal Protective Equipment” and this protects both the patient and the treatment team.
- We frequently clean and disinfect the lobby area and reception counter multiple times throughout the day.
ON TOP OF THIS, DUE TO OUR CONTINUED COMMITMENT TO YOUR WELL-BEING, WE WILL BE IMPLEMENTING THE FOLLOWING SAFEGUARDS:
- All Smiles4OC team members will be thoroughly screened each day for possible signs of infection. We will have our temperatures, blood oxygen saturation (O2 sats) and blood pressure taken every day before opening.
- All patients will have a pre-appointment screening. Any patient who suspect they may be sick or have been in contact with someone who has been sick, will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- Patients will be asked to wear a mask and come 10 minutes before their appointed time. Patients will be greeted outside the office where they will have their temperature, blood oxygen saturation and blood pressure taken and recorded. Any patient displaying symptoms will be rescheduled.
- We will be providing masks to all of our patients who need them. You will not need to wear the mask during treatment as your doctor and treatment team will be wearing their PPE which includes them wearing masks which will protect you.
- Patients may wait in their cars until their appointment time. However, the reception area will be available with the chairs spaced following safe social distancing practices.
- A Smiles4OC team member has been assigned to wipe down and disinfect all high traffic surfaces including the countertops at the lobby and all handles to doors on an hourly basis.
- Hand sanitizer is offered at our front desk and in every treatment room
We will continue to closely monitor updates from the CDC, the ADA, the World Health Organization and our state officials. In the case of new information, we will keep you informed of any changes to our procedures or appointments. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about your upcoming appointment or oral health needs.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all soon,
Your Smiles4OC Team