Dr. Thomas J Rolfes
General Dentistry Costa Mesa, Newport Beach
I've been coming to this office before Dr. Rolfes was even married! I've seen it grow into a top-notch dental practice, second to none. I never hesitate to refer friends here. Their professionalism is outstanding as is the quality and range of their dental services. If you're looking for a dentist, do yourself a favor and have a consult here; you won't be sorry.
Dr. Thomas Rolfes earned his undergraduate degree in biology at Loyola Marymount University, then studied at Georgetown University where he received his DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery). He has earned the prestigious fellowship award with the Academy of General Dentistry. Dr. Rolfes has been providing dental care at this Costa Mesa location since 1984. He enjoys practicing dentistry as well as participating in several dental study groups, our local dental society and lecturing. Dr. Rolfes is licensed to provide IV and oral sedation.
Credentials and Memberships
» California Dental Association
» California State Dental Association
» Fellowship of Academy of General Dentist
» Orange County Dental Society
» Internet Dental Alliance Member
» American Dental Association
» Fellowship of World Clinical Laser Institute
Dr. Do was featured on the CBS TV Show "The Doctors", performing a Laser Dental procedure on stage!
Dr. Thomas Rolfes Reviewed by
A Google User
Dr. Rolfes and the staff are amazing. My family has been patients here for over 25 years and we just love the office. All of the staff are genuine and caring. I highly recommend this quality family practice.
- I have been to several dental offices in the past and have had many terrible experiences when it comes to my dental care. Every interaction during my visit was not only positive, but reassuring, which truly helped me overcome my fears and follow through with my check-up and cleaning. Dr. Dunne and Nicole were most thorough with my exam, explaining each step and giving individual focused care, Karen took her time to get my smile pretty and white again with my cleaning, and both Vicky and Gail provided excellent support and professionalism from the time I came in to the end of my visit. In summary, my visit to Smiles4OC surpassed expectations. For once, I'm not only not afraid to go to the dentist, but actually welcome the thought of visiting again in 6 months! Thank you, Smiles4OC!~ Alicia F.
- Smiles4OC is such a comfortable office starting with the people, the surroundings, their attention to detail, quality dental skills and service, and the technology is top notch. I appreciated the thorough explanations from everyone involved with my appointments from Dr. Dunne to the entire staff. It's obvious Smiles4OC values customer service, professionalism, attention to detail, and they provide outstanding dental services because they just can't do anything less. My husband and I are so pleased Smiles4OC is available to us for all our dental care. ~ Stacy MC.
- The Best in OC. My family has been patients here for over 25 years. This is a state of the art facility with only the highest quality. the Staff makes me smile. they always remember your name and I enjoy visiting with each and everyone. I recommend this office. Each of the dentist, Dr. Rolfes, Dr. Do and Dr. Dunne is highly skilled and gentle. You will be impressed. ~ A Google User
- I've been coming to this office before Dr. Rolfes was even married! I've seen it grow into a top-notch dental practice, second to none. I never hesitate to refer friends here. Their professionalism is outstanding as is the quality and range of their dental services. If you're looking for a dentist, do yourself a favor and have a consult here; you won't be sorry. ~ Victoria L.
- I cant say enough great things about Dr Rolfes and his office. They have always welcomed me with open arms at every appt. They are very professional and thorough with every procedure I've had done.
I had some sub-standard work done prior to making the switch to Dr Rolfes and I am so thankful I was referred here. He's fixed every issue and then some!
I highly recommend making them your go-to for any dental needs!~ Hallie P.
- Dr. Rolfes always takes great care of my teeth. My cleanings go very smoothly, I have extremely sensitive teeth and I love that is requested, the hygienist will add an extra numbing cream on my teeth to make sure I am comfortable during the cleaning. They really dig in there to make sure your smile is perfectly clean so I appreciate the extra comfort. Dr. Rolfes has always been a very honest dentist and recommends the best treatment to keep my teeth healthy. After having many bad experiences, including bad fillings, at other dental offices I fully trust his knowledge and skills. For many years, he has kept my smile bright white and healthy. You will not be disappointed!~ C.C.
- A breath of fresh air!! I had a dental emergency while my dentist was out of town. A friend of my recommended Dr. Rolfes to me, who ironically was also out of town! The office staff was so kind and told me to come right in. I had a very positive experience from the moment I arrived. I was quickly taken back to meet Dr. Do and her assistant. This entire office made an extremely uncomfortable experience a pleasant one!! Not only would I HIGHLY recommend their office, I am switching!! They can even see my children. I can not say enough good things about Dr. Do and her office!! ~ Cyndi H.
- Dr. Do and every person I come in contact with at this office is amazing! This is a very kid-friendly office. I was very concerned how my 2 year old son (now 3 years old) was going to take going to the dentist. Dr. Do and her staff are all super friendly and great with kids. On my son's first visit, their focus was just to get him comfortable with being in the chair and the equipment. They let him ride in the chair up and down, pick out his animal toothbrush, flavored toothpaste, and of course pick out of the treasure box. Now my son on his 3rd visit could not wait to go see Dr. Do. He said ,"Please can we go see Dr. Do." They have gotten my rambunctious 3 year old to get x-rays and a full on teeth cleaning. I am really impressed with what they have been able to get son to do. I really believe everyone one in the office goes above and beyond to make our visits a wonderful experience. Definitely 5 stars! ~ Tamara S.
- Dr. Rolfes and his staff are fantastic. I was referred to them from a friend and it's been the best dental decision I've made. They keep me consistently well-informed and make me feel comfortable; even through my unnerving dental procedures.
You can't go wrong going to their offices. ~ Kayleen K.
- I have visited many dentists over the years, a result of moving so often. Dr. Rolfes and his team are by far, the best dental practice I have been to ever!
I would highly recommend Dr. Rolfes and his team to everyone (I already give their name out to friends and family!). You won't be disappointed. ~ Lauren P.
- Could not be happier with my NEW million dollar smile ~ Kelly C.
- I chipped my front tooth on the bottom edge and dr. Dunne repaired it with a bonding treatment. It looks fantastic! It was painless and he explained each step as he performed the procedure . I am very happy and will continue my dental care with this group. ~ Susan B.